Thursday, September 17, 2009

You belong to me...

Isn't that a Taylor Swift song??

Last week as I was picking Lucas up at Tots and chatting with his 2 teachers, I overheard this conversation over by the door where I left Sophie (in her carseat).

Child #1: Ohhh... a baby! (Running towards Sophie)
Lucas: That's MY baby Sophie!!! (sorta pushing the girl out of the way)
Child #2: (hovering over Sophie) Hi, baby Sophie!
Lucas: She's mine!! (This time with a little more UMPH in his voice.)

I entered the scene and made sure Lucas knew it was okay to "show-off" his little sis.

Inside I was beaming... this was the first time Lucas has shown some type of "possession" with Sophie. Lately too, he's more concerned about her. He often asks where she is or what she's doing. I know, in a few short years Lucas won't admit this ever happened probably, but deep inside I know (and he knows) he will always love his little sis. Right, Zach? :)

How in the world do people with multiple kids get any decent photos of all the kids... LOOKING at the camera AND smiling???



1 comment:

Ashley said...

How sweet! We are only JUST getting into the phase where Robbie is semi-interested in Ellie, and will smile and make a sweet gesture or sound when I ask him if he loves her. I think our little guys will always love and look out for their little sisters, even when they won't admit it. :)

Is she sleeping well for you??