It's so very hard to believe, Sophie is already 2 months old! This time really does go by too fast-- maybe even faster this time around than with Lucas it seems. Sophie gets sweeter and sweeter by the day... and I'm so thankful for my time at home with her now. Here's the info from our pediatrician, who we visited with earlier this morning.
Yup, she's one healthy baby girl. It's amazing to me that she's getting so BIG already and looking back at her one week pix she was such a little thing!! Believe it or not, she's grown out of most of her 0-3 month clothes and is already is size 2 diapers. Lucas started wearing size 2 diapers when he was almost 4 months old!
Feeding: Sophie nurses about every 2 1/2 - 4 hours throughout the day and after her last feeding in the evening (9:30ish) she's off to bed. She wakes up around 4 to eat then goes back to sleep until 9ish. We've tried to give her a bottle of milk once a day, but with very little success. Put clearly, she very much dislikes it. Poor Daddy. We'll stick with it, though. Any suggestions out there?? We're using the Avent bottles which is what we used with Lucas. Other than this, nursing is going great, though. She does have some issues with spitting up- LOTS- about once a day or so. This past week it happened on the way to church and we had to turn around because we had to change her outfit completely...and wash the car seat. Poor girl. Thankfully, she's still gaining weight and the doctor isn't concerned at all.
Temperment: Like I said earlier, the mornings are her favorite time of day. She's so smiley and happy. She actually is throughout the day as well, except around 9ish. That's her fussy time and has been for awhile now. I think I'll try to feed her more during that time... that seems to solve all problems... For the most part, Sophie seems pretty laid back. She likes to chill in her blue bouncey seat and watch the world around her. She also enjoys stretching out on her blanket on the floor (both on her tummy and back). She LOVES to constantly kick with her feet. Her favorite spot, though, is being held up over my shoulder. Her neck muscles are getting stronger and stronger and she sometimes pulls away from me to look around or up at my face. Sophie is starting to coo more and more, too. She looks up at you and just makes the sweetest noises as if trying to have a conversation with you. She typically only cries during bottle time, evening fuss time, and when Lucas squeezes her cheeks too hard. Yes, we're working on this. He's getting so much better than he used to be. The word "gentle" is just not registering quite yet. He just gets so excited and over-does it sometimes. It's all in love though, right? :)
Appearance: Wow, it's hard to say yet who Sophie looks like! Eric and I have both heard she looks like each of us, but it's tough for me to see it. Because of her darker features, I think she's looking more like the Bland's at this point. At birth she definitely looked like Lucas right away (VERY similar qualities!) but she's not anymore, at least that's my opinion. She has so much dark hair- especially in the back. There are little spots that are reddish and lighter, too. Her eyes are very dark and I'd venture to say brown even. I'm not sure I've seen any blue in her eyes since her first week. She also has dark, very beautiful clear skin (again, qualities of the Blands!) Her arms, legs, and cheeks are just so cute and chubby...which is why Lucas likes to sqqquuueeeezzzeee!
So there you have it. Sophie, at 2 months...in a nutshell. Kind of. :)
**Ashley, I hope you don't mind me borrowing your format for this post! :) Thanks.
Weight: 12 lb. 4 oz. (Wowie Kazowie!) 90th % (Lucas was 11 lb. 1 oz. at 2 months)
Height: 22 5/8 in. 75th %
Here's a few tidbits about our baby girl:
Day-to-Day routine: Sophie typically wakes up around 8:30/9ish and always greets me with a big smile on her face. I always think, if she could talk, she'd say, "Yeah! It's you, Mommy! I'm ready to get out of this burrito bag and stretch!!" We still swaddle her at night (now, with her arms out), which is what she prefers. We tried out the Sleep Sack but she wasn't too thrilled with it. Once she wakes up, she's extremely happy. We chill out on her blanket in the living room for awhile and have our morning chat- just us girls. :) If Lucas is around he's busy playing with his Tonka trucks and plowing his fields with his 1086 tractor. Sophie is ready for her morning snooze around 10ish and will sleep several hours or more. She takes several more naps throughout the rest of the day with an hour or so break in between each to glance around to see where everyone is (especially Lucas). In the afternoon (Tues/Thurs) we venture out to pick up Lucas or go to one of Daddy's football games (Mon). She also likes trips to the grocery store, Target, or playground...and is really enjoying the Bjorn as we take walks around the neighborhood and follow Lucas around on his bike.
We love her so much...more and more every day. I'm so thankful for her and thankful God has blessed us with 2 precious kiddos. Yes, two kids is definitely tough at times, but I LOVE each day and the challenges it brings. Lucas is entering year #3 soon (Woah.) and I'm really trying hard to cherish each little and big moment every day. My biggest prayer right now is that God continues to keep our children healthy and safe...and ultimately one day learn to know how much He loves them, even more than we do. How is that possible? It's overwhelming to think, but true. I always remember my dad and mom saying that to me when I was really little, and thinking how hard it was to comprehend. Our family has been blessed in so many ways. God is so good.

3 comments:
great update!! can't wait to meet the little one ;)
love you all, amanda
wow....um, kinda tearing up. Call me cheesy! :) I love that you'll have this info. to look back on and even make a book for her-like the one of Lucas. SOOOOO great seeing you this past weekend. You're a great mom, Min, very cool to see that.
Sophie is so adorable! I haven't had a chance to peek in on you guys in a while, and isn't it amazing how quickly the babies change and grow at this point? Lucas is such a little stud, too! You seem to be loving life and your growing family, and clearly you're a great mom. It's wonderful to see that!
Post a Comment