Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Continued...

I guess you could say this post is a continuation to the previous post (the bike one...)

I find so much joy in watching my two kids grow up. Each day brings new discoveries I tell ya. Today Sophie started "talking" to me and it just made me melt inside. I remember when Lucas started doing that, too. Every little thing that they learn to do is such a big deal.

Lucas just called me into the living room yelling, "Mommy...can you help me?" He's perched on the couch eating a snack bar, while watching Baby Einstein. He needed help finishing unwrapping the bottom of his snack. I will miss those days when I'm no longer needed... to open the sliding screen door, to reach and turn on the faucet, to fix the tennis shoes that were put on the wrong feet... etc. But at the same time, each new thing the kids learn and accomplish... makes me so proud. I love this Mommy-thing.

2 comments:

ZFam said...

so true! so true!

Anonymous said...

oh my, how timely on Collin's birthday to be remembering, through you, how much I was needed not so long ago, and now they are getting so big so fast and it goes by in a blink. Enjoy every coo...sniff, sniff.