Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Love

This summer is shaping up to perhaps be the best yet... here's why.

Our kiddos are at such fun stages...what's not to love about that?! Lucas loves on his sister (sometimes too much) all day long and Sophie enjoys (almost) every minute of it.
Here's a sneak peak at the fun things we've been up to:

  • Today we created a big tunnel with some pop-up tents and the kiddos had a blast chasing each other around inside it. The squeals were priceless.
  • Pool time!!!! Despite the stormy summer so far, we've been able to either go to the pool or have pool time in the yard quite a bit this summer. Lucas is a fish I tell you...and Sophie also enjoys kicking her legs and splashing in the pool, too. I love it!!! Our fav pool this summer-- Carrie's pool!! (The lifeguards there keep a close eye on Lucas...he is so fearless around the water... it scares me quite a bit actually.)

  • Trips to the library - so thankful my kiddos love books. Our summer favs so far- Rollercoaster, Toolbox Twins, Maizy Takes a Bath, and Camping Day.

  • Trips to the park - today we went to the Morse Beach park which is set right off of Morse Resevoir... Lucas loves this one, although he's never met a park he didn't like I suppose. I like it because there's a lot of shade and the water (although NOT clear) is quite pretty.

  • Grillin' out!! Lucas' fav- hot dogs, Daddy's fav- shishkabobs, Mommy's fav- steak!!

  • Late nights- Sophie heads to bed around 8 while Lucas stays up until 9. It's been fun being able to stay up later with the kids even though they still get up fairly early (6:30!!!). Once Sophie heads to bed we usually take out our new favorite game- Candyland

So here's a glimpse at one of Lucas' favorite pasttimes. One day, this boy is either going to be a famous basketball player or musician. This video will be worth some big bucks some day. It's hard to hear but he's singing a song from Sunday morning kids' worship from church. (can't upload the video for some reason....still working on it.)

And sweet Sophie continues to charm us with her joyful personality and easy-going nature. She LOVES her brother, and she LOVES getting attention from Mommy and Daddy all day long. I can't get enough of her I'm telling you.

We're so blessed to be able to be home with both kiddos. AND, might I add, I'm so blessed to have Eric's wonderful help, too. He's been around a whole lot this summer...and I love it. While he's still keeping busy with grad classes and football his priority is always the kids and I really appreciate it. So yes, this is shaping out to be a pretty great summer for us...

No comments: