Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks...

Last night was one of those nights that couldn't have gone any better. Baseball game. Great friends. Great weather. $1.00 concessions. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a big fan of the concession stand. Well, when you go to an Indianapolis Indians game on Monday nights... they have $1.00 concessions. (jaw drop)

And boy did we have a blast. This was Lucas' first time to the Vic. I think it was quite memorable and we'll definitely be going back again hopefully soon. Kim and Nick joined us. We sat on the lawn behind right field.
Lucas had a ball splashing Nick with the freezing water from our cooler. I think Nick got him back a time or two, as well. He deserved it. :)


And here's something pretty funny. We sat down and sure enough, right in front of us was our great friends, the Gibbs'! They were at the game with their neighbors (and their kiddos). So Lucas had fun running around and climbing the fence with them. So cute. They were telling secrets they said. I can't quite imagine what kind of secrets 3 year olds can tell but I'm sure it was funny. It probably went something like this: "I'll trade you a green fruit snack for your red one."
Parker and Lucas... nothing new here. :)
Thanks for a GREAT night, Indy Indians. Way to beat the Mudhens!!! Okay, so I'll be honest. We left in the 8th inning and it was tied at 4, but I'm going to just assume the Indians won. It was nearing 10:00 so we needed to get going. Sophie was home with the babysitter so time was a-tickin'.

No comments: