Tonight's meal had a Cinqo de Mayo theme, complete with decorations, plates, and a Mexican fiesta spread. (Dad, you really missed out!) We enjoyed our meal together and had lots of spare time to play outside and enjoy the sunshine.
The kids are really into playing on their playset recently. Lucas pretends he's a worker and he and his imaginary friend, Jeff, get out their hammers and put the playset together, nail by nail, piece by piece. Sophie's learned how to climb up the ladder (and the slide...ruh-roh) which is a treat for her since she can be part of the action now.
Speaking of Sophie, if you've kept up with the blog, you know she's not afraid to get dirty. Well, today was no exception. She had on her cute skirt and Babylegs for school today... that wasn't going to cut it when she went outside to play (she went straight for the mud). And I realized... I have no "play" clothes for the poor girl!!! Nothing to get dirty in. Well, Eric quickly came up with a solution...an amazing one I might add. He pulled out Lucas' 2T clothes and what do ya know.. they fit her!!! So she'll be sporting kickball/football/baseball hand-me-downs while getting dirty in the garden. Lucas thinks it's just plain hilarious.
2 comments:
Just so you know, Dad and I celebrated Cinco de Mayo...at the new pizza place in town!
LOVE it.
Post a Comment