Sunday, May 01, 2011

Backyard Cookouts... the first of many this season!

Eric came up with the idea... I'll take no credit.  Last year he had the idea of buying a big metal barrel and turning it into a firepit for our backyard.  Tonight, we tried it out for the first time... and it was a big hit!!  The kids had a blast, AND they were pretty careful around the fire.  We were a little worried about Sophie because she is a curious lil' squirt and still isn't the most graceful at walking around on the grass.   
 Main course:  hot dogs
Add-ons:  freshly popped popcorn (requested by Lucas), pasta salad, apple slices, and Easter bunny marshmallows (who later reached their fate in the firey inferno)






I hope that this is the first of many more outdoor cookouts this season. 
 Happy May Day to you!!

2 comments:

alicia b said...

I see, first WE have a fire pit and now YOU all have a fire pit. :)

the barretts said...

you guys are just the cutest little family ever.