Well, summer's here. Gone are the meetings, schedules, paperwork, and to-do lists. Actually, I still have to-do lists. It goes like this: go to the park with Lucas, read more, sit out on the deck, play Skip-bo with Eric, visit family and friends, etc. At this point, I know I have several people saying, "Wow...teachers really have the perfect life. Summer's off...must be nice." Aw, you better slowly step away. Have I jumped on this soapbox already? I'm pretty sure I have so I'm not going to go there again.
So yes, I'm VERY happy to be home and spending more time with my boys...and friends...and family...and books. In fact, tonight Eric watched Lucas while I went to a Sheryl Crow concert with some friends. As you can see, I just got back and am writing this at 12:30 AM. Would I ever do this during the school year?? :)
Enough of that. Here are some great pix and a video from the past weekend at my parents. Good times as usual. 


Notice there are several pix where Lucas isn't wearing a whole lot of clothes. He was actually running a fever off and on all weekend so he was often pretty warm. I learned today from the dr. that he has a touch of bronchitis. In normal Lucas fashion, he's actually been acting just great...you'd never know that he was sick except he's not been eating great at all. Dr. H said he should have his appetite back in a few short days.

2 comments:
i am glad you are getting a nice break! I love the picture of you two at the piano..so cute..he seems like such a little character!
oh..and great minds must think alike if Cade and Lucas have the same shoes..wish we could take them to the park together! :)
Who needs a potato masher when you have Lucas Bland?!?!?=)
Post a Comment