Sunday, December 01, 2013

6 months.

This sweet little peanut is 6 months old today...
...and sometimes words can't do justice to the deep deep love I have for this little guy and his siblings.
...his sweet expressions...
...those eyes...
...those cheeks... (and his first owie!)
...sweet baby boy...

Brady's Schedule:
Little man gets up around 8ish every single day (how does that work?!).  He's still camped out in the pack-n-play in our room which is working out well since he's up quite a bit at night (more on that later).  He usually chills with us at the breakfast table before playing on the floor a bit.  Then it's naptime (9:15ish).  For some reason this nap isn't usually a long one.  He'll wake up and often take another nap later in the morning.  I'm trying to figure out how to make it one longer nap but he gets pretty crabby if I try to keep him awake longer.  Brady usually naps two times in the afternoon and once more early in the evening.  Bedtime is typically around 8ish.

Nursing/Solid Food:
I'm nursing Brady about 5 times a day and 1-2 times at night.  The daytime feedings will probably go down to 4 here soon since he's starting to really get into solid foods now and I put milk in most of what I feed him. Eric or I usually give him cereal once a day as well as one veggie (so far sweet potatoes but trying squash tomorrow!).  Brady has always gotten up for a nighttime feeding around 3-4ish but lately, due to fighting off a nasty ear infection, he's been waking more at night and I've also been feeding him around 1ish.  Once this ear infection is all cleared up I'm hoping this little man decides he won't need any nighttime feedings.  

Favorites:
Now that Brady is crawling, I'd say his favorite thing is to be close to his siblings or us.  He catches our eye from across the room and will do his best to get to us.  He also loves his pacis, green frog toy, napping on his tummy, Vitamin D drops, sweet potatoes, Christmas trees, blinking lights, things that make music, looking at himself in the mirror, peek-a-boo, pat-a-cake, being tossed in the air, jumping (with help of course), putting things in his mouth, his puffy cubes (made by Mel), and being held.  

Milestones:
The biggest milestone Brady reached lately is crawling.  He's surprisingly quick and we feel we really can't let him out of our sight, even for a second.  He's also crawling UP and OVER things (namely one of us lying on the floor).  And just today:

...he nearly crawled INTO his bouncey seat. What a stinker! :)
Other notables:
As mentioned above, he has his first ear infection but along with it he also has a VERY bad diaper rash/yeast infection due to the antibiotics... as well as bronchiolitis, which is a viral infection in his lungs.  Dr. Harper heard it in his cough today but thankfully his lungs sound pretty good.  We just need to keep an eye/ear on his breathing that it doesn't become more labored.  If that's the case, he'll need breathing treatments.

No teeth yet but boy is he drooling!  And the red rosy cheeks!  Not sure if that's teething or just a norm for him. 

I still have no idea who Brady resembles.  I say he's his own little self... or a little mix of everyone perhaps?




6 month stats:
Weight:  14 lb 12 oz (At 6 months, Sophie was 14 lb/15 oz. and Lucas was 14 lb/7 oz.)
Height: 25 3/4 inches
Clothes: 3-6 month
Diaper size: 2...going on 3



No comments: