Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Win.

Eric took on the head coaching spot this year for 8th grade at Westfield.  Their first game was this past Thursday and boy was it a fun game to watch (well... I watched between chasing the kiddos around and making sure they weren't getting into too much trouble).  I was so proud of Eric.... he's put so much hard work into this season already... and he totally deserved... his first WIN!!!!!   
LOVE this pic below.  He's such a natural... (I may have to erase some of these comments later when he reads this...)



I can't give you a play-by-play or even a quarter-by-quarter run down but I will say there were many times when the crowd was on their feet cheering and high-fiving... and in all my years as assistant-coach's wife I don't remember that.  I'd like to think they were cheering Eric on.  :)
 During the game, Lucas watched much of it along the fence with the Runyon boys, Caden Bloss, and a few other buddies  They'd take breaks at times to play their own football game.  When Sophie wasn't running around, chasing after Lucas, she was entertaining baby Addison on the bleachers. 
Final score... 32-12.  I have no idea why I didn't get a shot of the scoreboard at the end.... this will do, I guess.
 So proud of Eric.  What a great start to the season.  I'll remember this game for a long time...

No comments: