Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The tricky two's...

I spent about an hour last night, in the middle of the night, wide awake. I had just had this awful dream that Lucas and I were in a big parking lot and he pulled away from my grasp and darted in the opposite direction...towards the traffic. That's when I woke up. I was scared out of my mind!!!

You see, this scene was quite realistic to me. It seems that often lately, I'm holding on to Lucas' hand and he slips out of my grasp and he darts away. This happened at Barnes and Noble, in the church parking lot, and at the grocery store. (It's amazing how far he can go in 3 seconds!) Am I a terrible mother?? I always made fun of the "kid leashes" but honestly, if it protects him from getting lost or put in danger, maybe I should consider it! (Kinda joking...) I'm often asked if he's hit the "Terrible 2's" yet and my answer is always no. He's such a great kid, and yes, sometimes has his moments, but mostly, he's a happy-go-lucky guy. What's been super hard, though, is teaching him things, like... when his basketball rolls down the driveway across the road, under NO circumstances can he run after it. He must ask Mommy or Daddy to get it. A couple days ago I turned my head for just a second outside to grab something from the garage. When I looked back, the basketball was across the road and Lucas was just staring at it from the middle of our yard... thankfully NOT running after it. Maybe our lessons are working. But the times that he darts from me in Old Navy or in a parking lot... scares the BEJEEVEES out of me! Anyway, that's my post for the day.

Maybe I'll add random pictures later.

No comments: