Saturday, April 04, 2009

Gone Fishin', Daddy?

Well, Lucas and I are holding down the fort. Eric left Thursday to go down south for a big fishing trip with some buddies. Spring Break has officially started so Lucas and I are taking advantage of the extra time together. Thankfully the weather has been great yesterday and today, but starting tomorrow it's supposed to get ugly. So here are just a few things we've been up to. To the majority of you, this'll be boring... but the main purpose is to fill Eric in when he returns. So if you want- just skip on down to the pix. :)

Friday: It was rainy in the morning so we stayed cooped up inside playing with the train set, reading books, and coloring. After nap time (nice long one!!) we set up his camping tent and of course he had a blast with his backpack. He hasn't taken it off since! :) We left and grabbed dinner at panera and hung out at Barnes and Noble for quite awhile. He met a friend. Her name was Lily and they played with the trains for a long time. I was impressed how well they got along! Afterwards we stopped and picked up a movie at Blockbuster and headed home. Lucas went to bed, I stayed up and watched the movie.

Saturday: Beautiful day!! Woke up, ate breakfast, and packed up to go shopping at Hamilton Square. It was nice to be outside walking around. We bought Zara her birthday gift, played at the playset in the park, and walked around and window shopped. It was a bit chilly, but we had fun! I asked Lucas if he wanted to have lunch at Olive Garden. He said "Nope!" :( I was pretty bummed. We stopped at Meijer and picked up milk and ice cream (neccessities!). After naps (I worked in the garden and hung out laundry during nap time) we played outside the rest of the day (mostly basketball). Carol and Lisa invited us over for steaks for dinner. YUMMY! After baths we watched MSU beat Uconn. Lucas cuddled up with me under the blanket and watched a good half hour of it. Cute kid, hah. Bedtime. I stayed up and watched the 2nd BB game. Missed you. It was no fun eating popcorn all by myself. :(

Here are some pix from the past couple days. We miss you, Daddy! Can't wait to have you home. We're excited to hear about all the BIGGGG fish you've caught! (Take pictures, we need proof!)
See what I mean about not taking off his backpack?

Check out how green the grass is already!! Wowzers! Good work, Daddy!


Oh yeah...this is from earlier this week.

No comments: