Monday, August 11, 2008

monkey?


Sure, this picture seems harmless, until I tell you about Lucas' new trick.

I snapped this shot maybe 10 minutes after Lucas was put to bed tonight. I was just sitting down after getting home late from football, Mindy was on the couch starting some schoolwork, and here down the hallway comes our little jailbreaker, all smiles to see me (and mommy of course). That's right, he climbed out of the crib on his own!!!

Now then, we were kind of aware of his new trick. This morning Mindy was getting ready for her teacher work day at school. I was still in bed. Guess who walks into our room, all smiles? This morning was his first successful escape, though I have caught him before trying to scale the rails. Now Mindy and I are left to wonder what to do next? Is it too early for a mattress on the floor? The good thing is that neither escape came via a fall. Instead, we are pretty sure he muscles his body down to the floor. And that is our little monkey at work.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Definitely not too early for a mattress on the floor or even better, a toddler bed. Toddler beds have rails that at least keep them from falling out. I think we changed Breckin over around this age and are wanting to switch Arwyn over too. The only reason I haven't switched Arwyn is that she has never really tried to crawl out of her crib, so she is nice and confined. That is a blessing I am hesitant to let go of. :)