Saturday, May 31, 2014

Dreams do come true...

Trips to the library.
Walks around the neighborhood.
Naps together.
Reading books, lots of books.
Playing games.
Trips to Barnes and Noble.
Lunch with Lucas.
Lunch with Daddy.
Watching Soph interact with Brady.
Trips to the grocery store on Tuesday mornings, with Brady strapped to me. :)
Playdates.
Real Moms.
Craft projects.
Dancing.
Trips to Hobby Lobby.
Playing school...doggies...pet shop...Legos...dollies...
One-on-one time with Soph.
One-on-one time with Brady.
Mommy-Sophie-Brady time.

Being a stay-at-home-mom this year has completely surpassed my every expectation.  Honestly, words aren't coming easily for me now as I try to sum up how incredibly grateful I am for the time I had at home with my two youngest.  Yes, school was missed (sometimes) and I longed for adult conversation (sometimes), and I felt a little cooped up (sometimes) but I cherished this special time.

If I ruled the world (under God's direction of course)... I'd figure out a way that I could work full time and be a stay-at-home mom full time as well.  Mathematically I guess that would be an impossible feat.  BUT, as my mom always says, being a teacher is pretty close.

Thankful I have this summer.
Thankful I love my teaching job.
Thankful for three incredible "babies" and an amazing husband.

I summed up my year at home with the kiddos in this "movie trailer" called "That Year".

1 comment:

the barretts said...

I loved this post..and I loved that the Lord allowed this past year to happen for you. You are a beautiful one, MB…..those kiddos are very blessed.