Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Big Day...

Today is a day that we've been waiting for...for a while now. Sophie's been dealing with ear infections back to back... pretty much since the beginning of fall. Up until the last few weeks she hasn't seemed too bothered by them, but recently they've gotten the best of our happy little girl. I don't blame her! So.... that brings us to today. Bright and early this morning we took Sophie in to get tubes put in her ears. Yes, the thought of surgery on our Miss Sophie, is NO fun at all... but Eric and I both have felt it will be a good thing for her in the long run for sure.


Here we are before the procedure this morning. We brought Lucas with us... seeing that he is one of her most favorite people in the world, we thought he'd bring a smile to her face and cheer her up. Yes, Lucas brought his basketball along. The nurses were quite entertained by watching him dribble through the recovery area.
Just before going into surgery. She was taking it all in. Obviously scared at first (seriously... hospitals are so DULL looking! You'd think they'd attempt to make them look cheerful), but by the time the nurse came to get her, Sophie actually went right to her. Clearly my eyes in this picture are creepy... but let's focus on Sophie. :)

By the time we went and sat in the waiting room and settled in with some books and toys for Lucas, the Dr. came in and said everything went just fine.

Even though this was quite a minor surgery, we still thank God for keeping her safe and well-taken care of. Now we're eager for Soph's ears to clear up and for the infections to go away for good.

Sorry... no "after-surgery" pictures... but I'll leave you with a pretty cute one from a few days ago. Who knew drinking soup out of a straw would be so fun?! (Note... the tomato juice splattered all over her face and bib.)

4 comments:

the barretts said...

Thankful it went so smoothly. What a fun relationship for a big brother and little sister...

Ashley said...

Aw Soph - we are praying that your new tubes help you feel better!! Take it easy as you recover, sweet girl. :) So glad everything went smoothly for you, Mindy. Any surgery at all is scary for a momma.

ps. I can't believe how old your kids are looking - they are just so cute! I love checking in on you guys and need to leave you more comments as I do. I'm terrible about that! Hopefully one day our families will be in the same place at the same time and our kids can meet. I just know they'd have a great time together!

Gibbs said...

Dang, she's so cute! I'm really glad she's doing so well. Grahammie will be glad she's back today too!

ZFam said...

ooohh, poor thing! I didn't know she had to get tubes already! But, glad it went well and hoping you see a drastic difference in your sweet little girl!

miss you guys!