Saturday, March 15, 2008

A year older...and wiser (I hope)...

Yes, I'm now 28. So far so good. Don't expect some deep philosophical comments, because my present to myself was to relax for 3 days and not think.

Okay, seriously, it's been a great few days. I took Friday off work and Lucas and I chilled all day, took a walk, and played hard. Mom and Dad came into town late last night and will be here until tomorrow. Today has been so much fun. Lucas has been running wild all day, and Dad just asked, "How do you get anything done around here." Hmm... good question. I guess that's one thing nice about a relatively early bedtime for a toddler...you cram to get things done with what's left of your day.

Anyway, Thursday was a great day. It was wonderful chatting with lots of friends and family...it really was a pretty special day. Eric took Lucas and I out to a new Mexican restaurant in town called Abuelo's and it was YUMMY. Some of the best fajitas I've ever had. Here's some pix of the BIG party. :)

PS...one of my kids told me Thursday that I looked older. Hmm... I guess that was a low point to the day...but I got over it.


3 comments:

ZFam said...

Happy Birthday, Mindy! I'll give you a buzz sometime this week...we just got back from a week in California...uhhh...I hate getting back into the swing of things after doing nothing for a week!=)

Have a wonderful week...and, you just may have the cutest little one year old of all times!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have had a Great birthday week.

Just enjoy being under 30 and wisdom will come in its time. (in my case, I'm still waiting :)
-A Nali with 7 nalis.

...and yeah, Mr. Lucas easily wins cutest,sweetest, most lovable 1-year old of the year :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINDY!

You guys have a great looking family