Nothing like waiting until Halloween night to carve our pumpkin. (I actually bought the pumpkin that day.... one of the last ones in Meijer. I was one of LOTS of moms scrambling to buy a pumpkin.)
Daddy drew a sketch of what the kids wanted and carved it out.
The kids happily pulled the guts and goo out.
We collected and washed all the seeds then buttered and baked 'em.
Funny thing, we never did get a pic of "Jack" the Jack-o-lantern. Haha!!
Here they are! Lucas is a football player for the 3rd (or 4th?) year in a row. This year though, he chose to be a Bronco rather than a Buckeye. Sophie wanted nothing else than to be a ghost. At one point she really wanted to be a Charlie Brown ghost (with LOTS and lots of holes) but we encouraged her not to.
It was a chilly night but we made it all around the big circle and came home with PLENTY of candy. Sadly, we were planning on spending the evening with our friends, the Bloss's, but I came down with pink eye and thought it wouldn't be a great idea. I just kept my distance from my kids.
Another Halloween comes and goes!
Any predictions what my babes will dress up as next year? : )
No comments:
Post a Comment