Sunday, August 19, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Lucas had a great first day of Kindergarten... he was super tired, but said he had fun and really likes his teacher, Miss Dolby.

 This picture below was taken right before the bell rang.  As you can see, the smile wasn't quite as big but I'll be honest, my smile was kind of fake.  Wow-  so much emotion and I had to keep it bottled up because I was about to meet my new 2nd graders.
But!  We survived our day and it was so incredibly sweet to have him run to me at the end of his day.  Eric and I debated for months and months about where to have Lucas go to Kindergarten.  We had three really great choices, which is why we had the hardest time deciding.  We ended up deciding to have him go to my school in Carmel.  It's pretty special having him roam the hallways. 

Three funny stories:  We have recess at the same time but the playgrounds are separated with a fence.  He doesn't realize (yet) that I'm on the other side of the fence, occasionally watching him play.  :)

AND... here's something that'll have to go down in his scrapbook.  There was an accidental fire drill of the very first day of school- in the middle of Kindergarten lunch!  Can you imagine 100+ Kindergarteners!! They actually couldn't get it to turn off for nearly 30 minutes!  Thankfully, I had two different staff members come up to me while we were all outside and told me that Lucas was just fine.  I supposed that another great thing about the TOTS program-- they're used to fire drills.

Last story:  We've had three days of school so far.  Lucas has fallen asleep every...single...day... on the drive home. Poor guy!  Thank goodness yesterday was Saturday and he got in a 4 hour nap!

So there you have it.  We are now parents of a Kindergartener.  WHAT?!

No comments: