Monday, May 07, 2012

The Backyard Sillies

And by sillies I'm referring to this crazy kiddo:
 ...and this crazy kiddo (posing in front of our cilantro "tree").
It is that time of the year where I'm reminded, once again, of how much I love our house, and most specifically our backyard.  It's a perfect haven for playing and going wild (and we have those kind of neighbors who don't mind the squeals of delight at all hours of the day).  This afternoon the kids unwound from school by running crazy in the yard, while Mommy did some much neded weeding.

Here's the play-by-play...

Lucas wanted to make mud... I'd say he accomplished his mission. 

"What is Y-ucas doing Mommy???"

Daddy comes home from working wondering the same thing! 


Seriously, have you ever seen cilantro like this?  It came up on its own, and I'd say we're set for salsa, tacos, guacamole, etc. for the next several years. 

Now comes the real fun...

Sophie decided she'd try to drench herself, but aftwards realized it wasn't as fun as she thought. "Cold Mommy!"

And now the shirts come off.... and they're all having fun.





And my favorite picture of the day.... (insert squeals of joy!)

Love my kids.  Love my backyard.  Love this warm weather. 

2 comments:

theNali said...

Thank you for your updates. Love them. And I L♥♥ve my silly Nalis!! mud and all.

the barretts said...

this just makes me smile for so.many.reasons. you have such beautiful kiddos.....so you and eric.