Sunday, November 17, 2013

One of a Kind...

There is one and only one Lucas Bland....

Most recently:  His "Saturday chore" is to sweep and mop the kitchen and dining room. (He LOVES doing this...we'll see how long that lasts.)  The first time he did it I saw him writing this note below.
He proceeded to tape it to the back of a chair.  He said he didn't want anyone slipping on the wet floor, "Just like those yellow signs at school."  He made two signs- one for both ends of the wet floor.


Lucas lost his 4th tooth a week or so ago... my favorite part of this story is this.  (Let me set the scene for you.)  It's 5 AM on a Friday morning.  All of the sudden I hear a "WAHOO!" from the bathroom.  Eric and I JUMP up and run to the bathroom to find Lucas who just pulled his tooth out.  He was so proud!
 He put the tooth in his tooth fairy pocket-thingy, placed it under his pillow that night, and left this note for the tooth fairy:  (part of it ripped)
It says:  "I lost my 4th tooth!  I'm in 1st grade.  Love, Lucas     Sign here"

The tooth fairy didn't even see that the note was there apparently... but she eventually responded 3 days later.  Lucas didn't seem to mind. :)

Last but not least.  Check out this action shot.
This pic was taken at Lucas's first basketball game of the year, last Friday.  Lucas had a blast... he made 3 baskets and after each basket he made a massive fist pump in the air along with a very enthusiastic, "Woo HOO!"  We will get it on video one of these days and you can see it for yourself.... 

No comments: