Decorating Easter bunnies
Saturday we drove up to Grandma and Grandpa's house and had an Easter egg hunt after PM naps.
Lucas: Hey, one is already open...I guess I'll have to eat it! :)
Sunday morning we got ready for church and even had time to spare!
After the service we headed to Great-Grandma Rupp's house for a delicious meal and time together with our family. It was a great turnout and fun to see lots of cousins!
We missed Caleb (sick), Zara, Claire, Caden, Audrey, Kenzie, and Kylie!
Baby Alexa was there-- just not in the pic.
The best part about Easter this year was by far the realization that both Sophie and especially Lucas have really begun to grasp what Easter is all about. Now that Lucas is reading he's taken a liking to reading his Bible on the couch in his room and Sophie will plop down next to him. He especially enjoys the story of the resurrection and will explain it to you in detail. I have to also give credit to his Sunday School teachers because much of what he's learning he's learned from them as well. While the eggs, candy, Easter bunnies, and Easter basket goodies are all fun and exciting, I'm deeply grateful for the knowledge that the kids are gaining about the true reason why we celebrate Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment