Tuesday, January 29, 2013

First Project

I've been thinking for awhile that once I finish my Masters I want to tackle a new hobby.  The first thing that came to mind was sewing.  I'd love to make things for the kids and try out some new projects for gifts, the house, and well.. myself.  : )

It's quite fitting that Mom got me my sewing machine... quite frankly because she's a Master Sewer herself.  Eric and the kids surprised me over break and bought my first fabric and basic supplies so that I could make the kids some pillowcases.  The kids even got to pick the fabric out all by themselves. 
 Mom and my friend Debbie both gave me my first lessons... and I'll have to say, it was so exciting!  I finished my first project and was so proud of myself!


Unfortunately, I'm already on a sabbatical from my sewing... at least until my Masters is officially completed.  Then I hope to jump right back in!

1 comment:

theNali said...

Nice Pillows! I say Great start on your new hobby. My Nalis have excellent taste :)
**beaming**