Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, Lucas!

Happy 6th birthday, Buddy!!

Lucas...our dearest firstborn.... is it POSSIBLE that you are 6 years old?  AND in kindergarten??! I have to admit, I'm still in shock by both of those realities.  I still have such a vivid memory of that beautiful day you were born.  Most definitly perfect in every way, that's for sure.  I don't have to search through photos to remember that little blue/pink hat the nurse placed on your head or the first outfit we put you in to come home.  I remember that first itty-bitty cry you had that brought instant tears to my own eyes.  I remember it all. 

And to think, as the years go by, Daddy and I have found that the joy and incredible love that we experienced that day just keeps getting bigger and bigger and deeper and deeper.  

  • One of my all-time favorite things that you and I do (that's just for us!) is our little game before bedtime-- you call it, "I love you times times."  We go back and forth saying, "I love you times 20!" and each time we try to outdo each other with a bigger number. 
  • Buddy, you amaze us with your creativity.  We knew you were creative after the way we saw you turn ANYTHING into an tuba  when you were really little..  Now we see that creativity show in so many other ways- through the way you play with your pretend football players and create giant stadiums out of legos to the way you play "farming" with all of your farming equipment.
  • You are loving kindergarten and it's exciting to see you learn new words and begin to read!  Sophie begs you to read to her and you're happy to do it.  If you don't know the word, you make it up by looking at the picture.  You clearly are a good listener in class because I hear you tell Sophie things that you are learning. 
  • Sports is still your first love.  You're expanding from just basketball, football, and baseball.  Recently you've took up an interest in hockey and soccer as well.  Each day when we get home from school you race back to your room and put on some sort of uniform to go with a sport.  Your favorite thing right now is your little football players, and I'd say it's been your favorite for years now.  Never gets old!
Lucas, we are so proud of you.  You (and Sophie!) are one of the brightest spots in our day and I'm so thankful that God created you just the way you are.... a tender loving boy who loves life to the fullest.  

I love you times infinity!
Mom (and Dad) 

No comments: