Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Highlights!

One of my all-time favorite things to do is spend time with friends and family... so as I look back at 2011 here are my four favorite memories (in no particular order):
  • Trip to Charlevoix! This made the list because it was time spent with some of my nearest and dearest friends. There was a lot of relaxing, hanging out with the kids, sun, games, and coffee. The ultimate vacation package!

Meeting sweet Sam for the first time!!

And the anticipation of this sweet boy that was born later in August- (also another highight!)- welcome to the "family" Hudson!
  •  Another highlight of the year was the time we spent in Montana with my parents... and experiencing the cabin for the first time.  Lots of relaxing, hiking, playing, exploring, reading, eating, and game-playing... again, the ultimate vacation!








  • Also, we get to spend time in Missouri with Eric's side of the family about twice a year.  This past summer we headed out there before school started.  The counsins ran wild and entertained us adults.  My three favorite parts of our trip there this summer were watching Despicable Me for the first time (and seeing all the kids laugh the whole way through it!), going to Versailles new pool and swimming with everyone, and going to Ashley's horse show.  Unfortunately, my camera was MIA throughout this trip... I thought Eric brought it, and Eric thought I brought it.  OOPS.  I do have this pic from someone's camera though-- taken at Ashley's show.

  • Finally, my last favorite memory of 2011 will be blogged about in the next post-- time spend with my brother and his family!  This doesn't happen very often, so I cherish the time we have together!  (Sneak peek picture below!)
Here's to 2012 and the excitement of what the new year might bring.  Just like the memories above, I anticipate many gatherings with friends and family and look forward to what God has in store for us this year.  Happy New Year! 


1 comment:

the barretts said...

great highlights! bring on 2012!! :)