Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall Break- Cali Style

Last week (Fall Break for me!) I flew solo across the country to the great state of California to visit my dear friend Mel.  Michelle flew in from Michigan as well.  It was a much needed time for all three of us to reconnect since it had been awhile since we had seen each other. 

While I was only there for a little over three days, we squeezed in the perfect balance of hang-out time as well as a few hot spots that were must-sees.  First stop, Laguna Beach.  Beautiful.  I was amazed at how calm and peaceful this entire area was. 



We strolled along the shoreline for awhile, just enjoying the beauty of the Pacific Ocean.
And of course sweet baby Sam joined us.... it was such a treat to get to spend some good quality time with this little guy.  He was such a trooper while we weaved in and out of coffee shops and local stores, stopped to take pictures and enjoy the scenery, and just hung out on the beach to watch the people walk by.  LOVE this litle guy.   
 Of course, as we did in Cancun, I had to stop and write Lucas's name in the sand...


Some other favorite moments were just times at the apartment hanging out.  I think our first morning there we sat at the table for several hours just talking and drinking coffee (seems to be a theme whenever we get together!).  And of course, quality time with Sam...




On Friday we spent some time downtown LA at the Farmer's Market, the Grove, and the Flower District (is that what it was called, Mel?!)... 

 Sam, in his Moby!
 The Grove


Mel, once again... thanks for being an awesome hostess and sharing your Cali life with us for a few days.  I loved every second of it out there with you guys.  Scott, thanks for sharing your two favorite people for a few days.  : )  Michelle, as always, you're the best travelling partner a girl could ever ask for.  :) So thankful for our time together.  Can't wait to see you all again....hopefully sooner than later. 

No comments: