Eric and I decided it was high time to turn Lucas' car seat around to face front. He's never ever liked getting in his carseat and almost always puts up a fuss. So far...the new look has intruiged him. Today, driving home from school, he had a good "jam" session to the country music on the radio. He was bouncing his feet like crazy and making tons of goofy faces. Wow...it's so nice to finally get to see what he does that whole time back there! I took several videos of him jammin' but not one turned out...probably because I was trying to drive at the same time. Okay, so I was stopped at a stoplight so it was okay. :)
PS- Mother's Day was definitely a memory-maker this year. Eric worked hard to make me feel appreciated and it definitely worked. However, there were a few bumps along the way, just as Megan and Jenni, I read in your blogs. Saturday night we actually celebrated a bit early by eating out at Abuelo's, which ended up being very disappointing. Afterwards we were too stuffed from the bad food to get ice cream/coffee desserts. We proceeded to get groceries at a Meijer that we don't typically go to...and it was disorganized and very frustrating. Ugh. Sunday Eric had to work which was sad, but understandable. Get this...it rained the ENTIRE day...not letting up at all. Lucas and I were cooped up pretty much all day. I just kept thinking of how much I wanted to just be able to spend time with my own mom, who is 3 hours away too far. No family in the area to celebrate with, but at the same time...I definitely enjoyed my time with my little man. We have fun together, even if sometimes I get tired and pop in an Elmo video just to get 20 minutes to myself. That's okay, right? So yeah, I LOVE being a mom. Every part of it. I'm so thankful for my mom and Eric's mom for being such great examples for me... I've got big shoes to fill!!!
1 comment:
congrats to lucas being able to turn around! how fun.. sorry your mother's day was not as memorable as you would have hoped. I think for us it was the rain as well..it always puts a damper on the situation!!
Post a Comment