Friday, June 08, 2007

An unsuccessful "pool party"...

Well, I was all pumped up about getting Lucas into his kiddie pool yesterday. It was a whopping 90 degrees out so it was the perfect set-up...so I thought. I put on his new swimmy diapers and swim suit, covered him in sunscreen, and we headed out. My excitement soon drained because my darling little son did not seem to enjoy his new pool AT ALL!! First, he sat there in the water not moving at all...just staring. Okay, maybe he needs some time to adjust to it, after all-- he loves his baths in the big tub! After a few minutes, still nothing. So...I decided to splash his little toes and tummy with water to get a reaction...and I definitely got a reaction! He started crying at the top of his lungs!! He was NOT a happy swimmer.

Now, I didn't get pictures of the part when he was upset. What Mommy would want to remember moments like that? However, I did get before and after pix. The after part was when I just held him on the edge of the pool and let him still get his toes wet. He didn't seem to mind that.




One final picture... I think Lucas is going to grow up to be a karaoke star. Or at least he'll be the king of Airband!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the H2O was too cool? Miss Erin did not like cold water either, ....but she LoVes Baths! :)

It's a new experience. After a while, you will have to drag him out of the water :)

If he still doesn't take to water by the end of summer, you can blame his desert heritage :)

His Nali will be out there soon to help him with the splashing :)

.,,. .,,.
:XXXX,XXXX:
'XXXXXXXXX'
':XXXXX:'
'XXX'
':'